Wed, May 24th – Leading Change by Effectively Managing Transition
Keys to the Future
Founder and President
DC Chapter of the Society for Human Resource Management (DC SHRM)
Effective change leadership and management skills are essential in today’s fast paced and dynamic environment. Even though change management has been a recognized discipline for more than half a century, studies continue to report high failure rates for organizational change projects. Fortunately, leaders can dramatically improve success rates by being fully engaged and ensuring that the people side of change management is effectively addressed.
The goal of this session is to provide leaders with the tools they need to successfully support employees through change initiatives. The session will address how employees experience and respond to change. It will also provide multiple approaches for supporting employees and include guidance on how to select the best option. This session is designed to be interactive. Leaders will be asked to identify an upcoming change initiative so that they can begin to apply learnings during the session.
- Define the critical components of change management and the significant role that leadership engagement plays for successful change initiatives.
- Demonstrate how leaders can leverage emotional intelligence skills to effectively lead the people side of change.
- Discuss the importance of self-awareness for change leaders and demonstrate how it can be developed and applied.
- Illustrate ways that leaders can assess employees’ response to change to determine how they can best respond.
- Discuss strategies that leaders can use to create optimal support for change initiatives and how to select the best.
- Provide an opportunity for participants to apply learnings by completing a change assessment and action plan for an upcoming change initiative.
About the Presenter
Stephen Sheehy is founder and President of Keys to Future, an executive coaching and organizational development consulting company. He brings over twenty-five years of experience in strategic HR, talent management and organizational development. Prior to starting his company, Stephen held key HR leadership roles at several companies including AstraZeneca, Exelon Corp. and Day & Zimmermann. He brings a unique blend of business experience, leadership and organization development expertise and a solid understanding of what it takes to be successful in today’s organizations. Throughout his career, Stephen has led and supported numerous change projects including organization redesigns, mergers & acquisitions and changes to programs, processes and policies.
8:30 – 9:00 am Breakfast and Networking
9:00 – 9:15 am Welcome / Announcements
9:15 – 10:45 am Program
American Immigration Lawyers Association
1331 G Street, NW
Washington, DC 20005