Tues, Nov 7th – DHS The Future of Procurement is Now!
Come join SECAF for an informative discussion directly from Department of Homeland Security’s leaders on the Department’s overall goals, acquisition directions and strategic sourcing considerations. Learn how current mission priorities, speed to force, and congressional and presidential mandates, might be changing or not changing these considerations. Listen to thought leaders Soraya Correa and Jaclyn Smyth provide their insight and intel obtained from within the DHS walls to our SECAF membership and supporters.
The discussion will include:
- What is the current update on the Enterprise Acquisition Gateway for Leading Edge Solutions, EAGLE, the Acquisition Innovation Act and other acquisition considerations for the next several years
- What are Procurement Innovation Lab programs? What is Flexible Agile Support for the Homeland (FLASH) and how does provide support for future Procurement Innovation Lab programs?
- Will DHS consider OTA’s or Other Transaction Authorities in the future? Science & Technology Directorate has initial feedback and have obtained speed to the organization on contracting. Less than 2 months in some minor cases
- Effect of political situation and back-to-back-to back natural disasters on Mission
Don’t miss networking opportunities before and after the presentation. Our speakers will be available for a brief one-on-one immediately before and/or following the event!
- Soraya Correa, Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Chief Procurement Officer (Invited)
- Polly Hall, Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Procurement Innovation Lab (PIL), Strategy & Planning Lead (Invited)
- Jaclyn Smyth, Director of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Strategic Sourcing Program Office within the Office of the Chief Procurement Officer (Invited)
For more information, go to http://www.secaf.org/ev_calendar_day.asp?date=11%2F7%2F17&eventid=43.