This IT client is a a woman-owned, small disadvantaged business (WOSB, SDB) delivering information technology (IT) services and solutions that protect and serve American citizens. Experienced in providing a broad range of IT services, with specialization in web-based application development and system modernization, database consulting services, biometric capture and integration solutions, and BMC Remedy and infrastructure management solutions.
A mid-level systems administrator to support the client with a FileMaker Pro upgrade. The system was a client server system running FileMaker Pro Server 10 edition, which was running on Windows 2003 and had an Oracle 10g database server. The selected candidate needed to upgrade the system to FileMaker Pro Server 15 edition (this edition has its own internal database) and transition the updated software and migrated data to a new Windows 2012 server.
This candidate was a true “purple squirrel” in the staffing world for multiple reasons:
- The candidate needed to have recent FileMaker Pro experience.
- The client needed the candidate to start immediately.
- The project contract was seven weeks and on an on-call basis, which meant that the candidate needed to be between contracts or unemployed, since most candidates don’t leave a job for a seven-week contract.
- The candidate needed an active security clearance to start work.
- The work was starting the day before Thanksgiving, so the holiday time frame added an extra element to the search.
Our senior talent recruiter put on her “headhunter hat” and worked tirelessly to fill this position. She left no stone unturned, strategically hitting the boards, LinkedIn, Vector’s database, our networks, referrals, and more—she was on a mission to find a candidate for the client. After a few late nights and early mornings, and countless reaches and phone calls later, she had a couple of submittals for the client to review. Not only was one of our candidates selected for the position, but he exceeded the client’s expectations by finishing the job in just three weeks. The client was beyond thrilled, and because of this hire we have become the go-to agency for this client’s staffing needs. In fact, we are currently in our fifth month of a very successful RPO with this client!