Before joining Vector Maria was a Human Resources Business Partner for Inova Health Systems, and attained her MBA from the University of Maryland, Robert H. Smith School of Business, with a concentration in operations and strategy. Maria has a total of 10 years in the area of Human Capital and Program Management, predominantly in the association world. Maria entered the not-for- profit sector as human resources generalist in 2006. She then moved into the role of HR Business Advisor in strategic and human capital planning for American Red Cross HQ, before her tenure with Inova Health Systems.
Maria is also a US Navy Veteran. She served as a military training program manager, and made several deployments with the USS Enterprise, aircraft carrier. On a more personal note, Maria has considered Rockville, MD her home for the past 25 years, and (according to her) has finally decided to “take the plunge” and has recently made the move to NW DC – Shaw Neighborhood.
- • Marketing/Communications
- • HR/Recruiting
- • Operations/Administrative
- • Associations/Healthcare
- Social Intelligence
- • Became the first female Latino member of the Robert H. Smith MBA Association to hold an executive office
- • Traveled to every continent, with the exception of Antarctica, before the age of 25 – made it a point to eat each city/region/country’s delicacy – to include balut – developing bird embryo that is boiled and eaten from the shell – super tasty!
- • Picked up the violin in early 2016 – currently getting ready for my first public recital to be in December 2016