Hector, a recognized thought leader in the field of human capital, provides the leadership, management, and vision necessary to ensure that Vector has the proper operational controls, administrative/reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the company and ensure financial strength and operating efficiency. He accomplishes this through a respectful, collaborative, constructive, and energetic style, guided by the objectives of the company.
He co-founded HireStrategy, the top-ranked staffing firm in the mid-Atlantic region, which was successfully acquired by The Addison Group in 2014. At HireStrategy, Hector led and participated in the successful design and build of leadership teams for some of the most visionary organizations in the region.
Hector serves as chairman of the board of The Skillsource Group and is a board member of the Northern Virginia Workforce Development Board, a team of private and public sector partners who share a common goal of promoting the economic prosperity and long-term growth of Northern Virginia. He also serves on the board of directors of the HR Leadership Forum, Marymount University’s Reston Center, the Institute for Excellence in Sales, and the Bloomforth Corporation.
“I believe that recruiting is a noble endeavor . . . we serve as ambassadors . . . we are the first line of contact . . . we are in a position to help people. How many occupations provide such opportunity? I do not profess to know the meaning of life, but I believe that helping others comes pretty close.”—Hector
- • Business Development
- • Human Capital Relations
- • Strategic Solutions
- • Collaboration
- • Problem Solving
- Love of learning
- Appreciation of Beauty & Excellence
- • Hector was born and raised in Puerto Rico, but also considers himself a proud Washingtonian! He is also a proud Restonian, having personified the town’s tagline: “Live. Work. Play.”
- • Hector, a lifelong baseball fan, is a lifetime Washington Nationals season ticket holder; you can find him behind first base on any given game day.
- • He is happily married and has a daughter at Virginia Tech and a son at the University of Pennsylvania.